Hard Freeze Coming New Years Day
Temperatures will reach below freezing by New Years Day and may continue to remain below freezing through Friday of next week. Take precautions this weekend and keep your pipes protected for the coming week.
If you do not make precautions now, you will be without water and will be responsible for damages to the property caused by failure to protect your pipes. You must take these precautions to make sure your plumbing, sprinkler, and pool pipes do not freeze leaving you without water on New Years Day or throughout the coming week.
Here's Patty and Carlin with some advice on how to prepare your home for the freeze:
You must take the following precautions to ensure your pipes are protected:
1. Walk around your home and survey for any outdoor pipes. Any exposed pipes like sprinkler or pool pump pipes should also be covered to insulate it from the freezing temperatures. Simply cover them with towels, blankets, or insulation tape.
2. Leave an outdoor faucet dripping or better yet, wrap your outdoor faucets and/ or cover with insulation boots. The best bet is to wrap all of your outdoor faucets. Hop on YouTube for some solid ideas on how to install your insulation boot cover or to wrap your faucets with common household items.
Also, remember to remove any sprinkler hoses from your spigot.
3. Leave an indoor faucet dripping slightly to keep water flowing through the pipes.This relieves the excess pressure that can build up inside pipes during freezing weather.
4. Locate your water shut off valve in case a pipe does burst as water will need to be turned off at the main connection (usually at the meter in your yard close to the road). This is essential to know and easier to locate in a non-emergency situation.
5. Make sure your heater is on and set to at least 65 degrees.
6. If you have a sprinkler system or a pool, your sprinkler pipes and pool pump pipes must also be covered. If you have insulation tubing, that is best, but if not, cover your pipes completely with towels, blankets, newspaper, or insulation tape.
Nicole St. Aubin
Realty Masters of FL~ (850) 473-3983
4400 Bayou Blvd. #58B, Pensacola, FL 32503
- Seminars and Personal Assistant
- Rent or Sell
- Pensacola area Zip Codes
- Build Credit
- New Construction in Pensacola
- Energy Tips
- How to Find HOA Rules
- Preparing for Freeze
- Holiday Safety Guide
- Maintenance Do's and Dont's
- Home Warranties
- Credit Score
- Unapproved Dog List
- Maintenance Tips
- Pensacola Rental Inventory
- Home Buying
- Real Estate Market
- Pensacola Rental Homes
- Beulah Middle School Construction
- Safety Tips
- Things to Do
- Realty Masters Team
- Item Donations
- Pensacola Rental homes
- Bed Bugs
- Moving out
- Community Involvement
- Managing Rental Properties
- rental market
- Realty Masters offering VA Home Buying Seminars!
- Should you Rent or Sell Your Current Home? "Renting versus Selling"
- Pensacola area Zip Codes explained
- Build your Credit while you Lease through Realty Masters
- Nicole St. Aubin
- Pam Brantley
- Carlin Symmes
- Realty Masters of FL
- David Keen
- Chuntell Patterson